1. The larger government grows, the more corrupt it becomes.
2. The easier a law is to pass, the harder it is to rescind.
3. Any law that claims to protect rights that already exist will actually diminish those rights.
4. All new laws passed "for the common good" are actually for the empowerment and enrichment of politicians.
5. Laws enacted to help one group always harm everyone else.
6. All good things the government says happened thanks to regulation of commerce happened for other reasons.
7. Any development in science or industry that the government claims to have planned was going to happen anyway.
8. When politicians call industries or executives greedy, it means the politicians want a bigger piece of the action.
9. Citizens who oppose new legislation are always portrayed as villains.
10. Governments do not grant freedoms; they only take them away.